ORPHEU

"Yo no soy yo ni soy el otro, soy algo intermedio”

Mi foto
Nombre:
Lugar: MADRID,LEÓN,ALGARVE

martes, octubre 03, 2006

Ailein Duinn (english)

Refrain:Brown-haired Alan, ó hi, I would go with you.


Brown-haired Alan, love of my life,
Tonight I have sad news.

Tonight I have sad news:
That the waves of the sea are pounding you.

Whatever skerry or reef you land on,
Alas, my love, that I cannot be by you.*

I would drink, whatever my friends thought,
Not of the red wine of Spain,
But of your life's blood, for I would rather that.

I heard that you were in Man:
That would not be my choice of landfall,

But the Sound of Stiadar in Harris
Or Loch Miavag among the hills,

Where there are deer in the glens
And the cuckoo in Céitein, in spring,

Alas, my love, that I cannot be by you,
Whatever skerry or reef you land on.*

Oh, may God reward your soul
For all the secret conversation that we had:

For all the secret conversation that we had
And the goods I got from you as gifts:

Lengths of silk, hidden away,
Which I shall never use as long as I live